Monday, January 29, 2007

I don't care that he's dating Jessica Simpson.

I really really really love John Mayer's latest album, Continuum. Okay, I am a big JM fan - I even skipped Torts my first year in law school so I (along with a couple law school cohorts) could see him in concert...well worth it. (Sorry, Professor Magliocca...it just was). This album is the most musically diverse and challenging of all of his work - though, honestly, I don't even want to include his second album, Inside Wants Out - it wasn't all that spectacular. (Okay, it sucked). But his live album , As/Is, and his blues stuff are just impressive....

Anyway...I say all of this as background to say how much I love Continuum. I especially love "Bold As Love" and "Stop This Train" and "Slow Dancing in a Burning Room." Just great stuff, really.

What else am I listening to?
Hmmmm....
Alison Krauss & Union Station's So Long, So Wrong
Ella Fitzgerald Sings the Cole Porter Songbook
Patton Oswalt's Feelin' Kinda Patton (Okay, he's a comedian...but I'm still listening to him)
Herbie Hancock's Possibilities

How 'bout you? What are y'all listening to right now?

No comments: