Wednesday, August 30, 2006

You're so money and you don't even know it.

So in the past couple weeks I have seen three movies that I have been meaning to see for... about 10 years:
(1) Swingers (1996)...hence the title...
(2) Hope Floats (1998)...and
(3) Reality Bites (1994)


My thoughts...

First off, holy shit. What the hell happened to Jon Favreau? He is a little shrimp of a guy in Swingers. Same with Vince Vaughn. And I think that Vince has either had some voice lessons or has gone through puberty or something. His voice is completely different. That's craziness right there. But, overall, a very entertaining film. I really liked it. And I now know why one of the guys I work with always describes things and people as being "money."

As for Hope Floats, I had seen parts of this film, but had never seen it all the way through. I will admit that I needed at least one box of Kleenex...maybe two...in order to get through the damn thing. I loved it. Sandra Bullock movies are one of my guilty pleasures (along with Magnum P.I. reruns and Grease 2), and this one didn't let me down. Loved it. Loved Gina Rowlands and mostly, loved Harry Connick, Jr. Yummy.

Finally, I found myself really relating to Reality Bites even though those people are more of my brother's generation than mine. I think, technically, I am a "Gen X-er" but on the very tail end of the generation. But I loved the baby doll dresses, and flannels, and mary jane shoes and the whole thing. Very much the way I was in high school. I was a bit disturbed, however, by the fact that I rooted for Ben Stiller's character over Ethan Hawke's character...what does that say about me? Apparently...I am a square. Sad, but true.

So, based on the the time it took me to see these films, I figure, at this rate, I will see Talladega Nights in 2012.

No comments: