Monday, May 07, 2007

Freakin' SWEET!

I know that, in the past, I have discussed the virtues of certain radio stations...but since moving to the Fort, I have stuck to NPR and my iPod, because, well, all I could find were country stations. ("We have both kinds of music: country and western."*)

Well, no more. I have found the greatest radio station - only been on the air up here for abut 20 days...and well, I love it. It is perfect for someone like me - born in the late 70's, graduated from high school in '95...they call it "classic dance." And boy, is it.

A sample from this morning's drive in to work:
Lionel Ritchie's "All Night Long"
Earth Wind & Fire's "Boogie Wonderland"
MC Hammer's "U Can't Touch This"
Janet Jackson's "Rhythm Nation"
Andy Gibb's "I Just Want to be Your Everything"

I have also heard "It Takes 2 (to make a thing go right)" by Rob Base and Michael Jackson's "Do You Remember the Time?" (back when MJ rocked my world).

Tell me that doesn't rock....especially on a Monday morning....

*From the movie...no, you know what? I am not going to tell from what movie that quote came. If you don't know, you need to be smacked in the neck with a sock full of quarters.

No comments: