Wednesday, May 04, 2005

A Grammy-winning Saxophone Player Slept Here

(Post inadvertently suggested by Kel)

Okay, here's the deal. I am not going to do an AI recap this week because overall I wasn't THAT impressed. There. I said it. Loved Bo's version of "Stand By Me" and Carrie's rendition of "Trouble." Oh, and thought that "On Broadway" was pretty darn good as well - by Scott. Beyond that...eh. Nothin'. Oh, yeah - A.Feddy was baaaaad this week. It is a flat note mess. Ooh, but House M.D. was really good. Is it weird that I think that Dr. House (Hugh Laurie) is hot? Because I really do. And what's even better is that, in real life, he has a kick ass British accent....and you know me and British accents...ahem...Colin Firth.

But what I do want you to know is why I probably won't be posting for the next three days. A Grammy-winning artist is coming to stay at my house...and I really need to clean! My husband's spring jazz show is Thursday night here in Muntucky and the guest artist for this show...none other than Jeff Coffin. Who the hell is Jeff Coffin, you say? Only the saxophone player for Bela Fleck & the Flecktones, one of my most favoritest jazz/bluegrass/funk groups ever. Keith & I love Bela Fleck so much that we named our black Lab Bela :) So, this is a pretty big deal. The thing is, he is staying at my house the next two nights! So, that means...not only do I have to prepare for my last final - closed book Evidence (absolutely gross, I know)...and make sure everything is ready for the weekend when the fam comes up for graduation...I have to get my house ready for some serious company...and go to the store...as I am pretty sure he might want something more than a can of Diet A&W Cream soda, ranch dressing, a carton of yogurt, and leftover Kraft mac & cheese.

Oh - and if for some reason you KNOW who Bela Fleck is and are interested in seeing his amazing jazz sax player live in concert with the best group of jazz kiddos ever - and are in the Muntucky area - let me know and I can get you tickets!!!!

No comments: