Monday, May 02, 2005

If you've got the poison, I've got the remedy.

Actually, if you have poison, I don't have a remedy. But if you have a construction defect, a constitutional violation, a personal injury OR a breach of contract, I MAY just have your remedy. Yes, ladies and gents, the dreaded Remedies final is finished. I have to admit that I am a bit weepy. Not about being done with that damn final, mind you...because it was effing HARD...but sad that I will not see one of my favorite profs on a daily basis anymore. He met me outside of class and one of things he said, in his very serious, professor-y way, was "Don't be a stranger." *sigh*

Why am I so bothered by all of this ending? Is it because I truly never thought I would? Is it because I thought I would be in the comforts of law school forever and ever? I have no idea. All I know is that I have so enjoyed the experience. I have a wonderful, kind, and extremely funny group of friends that helped me to see my way to the end of this journey. And I have been fortunate to have amazing professors who:
  • could make civ pro interesting (Tradition...tradition!)
  • could make admiralty law funny (the little oar...come on - that was funny stuff)
  • was so damn interesting, I stayed awake for two hours of labor law on Tuesday nights
  • wore kick ass Pink Floyd ties
  • facilitated interesting and insightful free speech discussions, using the Socratic method as it should be used
  • said things like "What else is there to do in Sandusky? Smoke crack & ride rides!"

and one who said "Don't be a stranger." *sniff, sniff* Thanks, Prof. W....you too.

Yeah, I am going to be a complete mess by Sunday. I better find a way to hide tissues in my robe.

No comments: