Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Random Items for Discussion...

- I went to see "Brokeback Mountain" on Saturday with the other female attorney in my office. The best two words to describe it are "beautiful" and "heartbreaking." Beautiful = the scenery, the actors (yum.), and the love affair. Heartbreaking = the story of two people who had a love affair lasting over twenty years, but because of hatred and close-mindedness, were forced to live apart. I will not wax poetic about this movie, because, well, I don't write like that. But, needless to say, it was excellent and I recommend it to everyone.

- I am leaving for Las Vegas tomorrow with said female attorney who is a partner at the firm and practice in the same area as I do, as well as my mentor, the attorney who forever is torturing Amanda with his brilliant legal arguments. We are attending a conference at the Ritz-Carlton in Lake Las Vegas. The topic is Civil Rights & Governmental Liability - from a defense perspective - which is goodb b/c about 85 percent of practice consists section 1983 claims against the police department here in town. The seminar is Thursday and Friday, but we are staying through Sunday....YAY! I have never been to Vegas...any suggestions of what to do? We are going to Delmonico's (Emeril's steakhouse) one night for dinner, we are going to see "Mamma Mia" another night...should be a good time. So, if I am not blogging this week, you will know why.

- A wallpaper and paint crew is coming in tomorrow to remove the wallpaper and paint my office. I cannot tell you how excited I am about it. I am having it painted a lovely shade of gold. I will finally then be able to put up my certificates and diplomas and such!

- Quincy is doing well in his new home. His big sister, Bela, has decided he can stay and has taken to torturing him on a daily basis. She loves having a playmate. However, on more than one occasion this week I have made the comment that the reason Quincy has been allowed to live is because he is cute. He recently chewed up my new glasses...300 dollars down the crapper....almost as much as the dog. Oh, and he has worse gas than my husband...and that is saying a lot. I'm just sayin'.

I will fill you in on my Vegas adventures when I return!

No comments: