Thursday, June 22, 2006

That very fun movie meme going around....

Both Brian and Heidi had this over at their blogs, and I thought it quite fun...so I thought I would join in. I am a movie quote nerd, so this meme is right up my alley. Let ye be warned, however, my taste in movies is rather schizophrenic.

The Rules:

A. Pick 11 of your favorite movies.
B. Then pick one of your favorite quotes from each movie.
C. Post the quotes on your blog.
D. Have commenters guess what the movie is.
E. Either strike out the quote once it has been correctly identified or place the guesser’s user name directly after the quote.
F. Extra points for knowing the actor or character’s name

Here we go...

1. "Rob, top five musical crimes perpetuated by Stevie Wonder in the '80s and '90s. Go. Sub-question: is it in fact unfair to criticize a formerly great artist for his latter day sins, is it better to burn out or fade away? " Let me just say, right off the bat, that I am truly impressed with Amanda's knowledge of my movies. She got this one!

High Fidelity with Kelly's favorite - John Cusack. Said by "Barry," played brilliantly by Jack Black.

2. "And Master, sir, do not forget to specify, when time and place shall assert, that I am an ass."
Nice job, Lawren!

Much Ado About Nothing, said by "Dogberry," played by Michael Keaton.

3. "That's my wife, Carolyn. See the way the handle on her pruning shears matches her gardening clogs? That's not an accident."
Ow, ow - way to go, Chuck!

American Beauty, said by "Lester Burnham," played by my favorite, Kevin Spacey, about his wife, played by Annette Bening.
(Charles - if you don't get #2 and/or #8, I will be sorely disappointed!)

4. "Back when I was picking beans in Guatemala, we used to make fresh coffee, right off the trees I mean. That was good. This is shit but, hey, I'm in a police station."
thenambypamby rocks - answering the movie/character/actor. Woo hoo!

The Usual Suspects, said by "Verbal Kint/ Keyser Soze," played by Kevin Spacey...for which he earned his first Oscar - Best Supporting Actor.

5. "Oh who cares? That guy doesn't matter now! Let him stay locked up for another half an hour! The police will be here by then and there are TWO DEAD BODIES IN THE STUDY!"
Amanda again:

Clue the Movie, said by "Mrs. Peacock," played by Eileen Brennan.

6. "Hey, how come Andrew gets to get up? If he gets up, we'll all get up, it'll be anarchy!"
Gonna have to give this one to Kelly, as she chimed in first:

The Breakfast Club, said by "John Bender," played gorgeously by Judd Nelson.

7. "You'll be one of those grumpy old men sitting in the corner of a crowded cafe, mumbling to yourself, "My ass is twitching. Your people make my ass twitch."
Amanda once again! (I actually forced her to watch this one day - so I was hoping she would get it!):

French Kiss, said by "Kate," played by Meg Ryan

8. "What do they think I am? Dumb or something? Why, I make more money than - than - than Calvin Coolidge! Put together!"

Hint: There is a song with the same title as the movie. The lead actor has the exact same name as me...sort of ;) It is a classic, filmed in 1952...and is my probably my all-time favorite film. Here's another quote:

"Short people have long faces, and long people have short faces. Big people have little humor, and little people have no humor at all. "

Way to go, Gary!
Singin' in the Rain:
The first quote said by "Lina Lamont," played by Jean Hagen; the second by "Cosmo Brown," played by Donald O' Connor.

(Gene Kelly = Kelly Jean....get it?!)


9. "Sophomore dies in kiln explosion? Oh My God! I just talked to her last week... She was going to make a pot for me."
YAY for Lawren!

Animal House, said by "Otter," played by Tim Matheson....discussing the infamous "Fawn Leibowitz, from Fort Wayne, Indiana"

10. "Saturday, Donny, is Shabbos, the Jewish day of rest. That means that I don't work, I don't get in a car, I don't fucking ride in a car, I don't pick up the phone, I don't turn on the oven, and I sure as shit [shouts] don't fucking roll! Shomer shabbos!"
Although she hasn't seen it, Robin guessed correctly! (Robin, sweetie, you must see this movie!)

The Big Lebowski, said by "Walter," played (in his best role ever) by John Goodman

11. "Yeah, do you have the Beatles' White Album? Never mind, just get me a glass of hot fat. And bring me the head of Alfredo Garcia while you're out there."

Hint: The lead character also played characters named Arnold Babar, Dr. RosenRosen, Harry Truman (not the president), Ted Nugent (not the musician)and Mr. Poon...all in this movie.....and he loves the Lakers. Another famous quote:

"I'll have a Bloody Mary and a steak sandwich and... a steak sandwich, please. "

Nice job, Brian - even though it took a couple extra hints!
Fletch, said by "Irwin M. Fletcher"...or "Fletch F. Fletch"...or "Dr. RosenPenis...," played by Chevy Chase. Freakin' hilarious.

If you don't know for sure - that's okay...just take a guess!
Good luck, folks!!!!!!

No comments: