Monday, November 28, 2005

On My To Do List...

To my chagrin, I did not get a chance to see Rent over the weekend. Sorry, LK, we will talk once I see it. I read your review and have this odd feeling that I will agree whole-heartedly.

However, I did see Harry Potter & the Goblet of Fire, and all I have to say about it is - ROCK ON, MIKE NEWELL. It was EXCELLENT. This would have been an extremely difficult book to whittle down to a 2 1/2 hour movie, but they did it - and boy was it amazing. I was completely impressed. I thought it could not have been done better than Alfonso Cuaron in Prisoner of Azkaban, but Mike Newell did a phenomenal job. The Tri-Wizard tournament, the Winter Ball, and even the short scene at the Quidditch World Cup - truly entertaining.

YAY! I was concerned that it was going to be another Chris Columbus mess (he directed the first two), but I was pleasantly surprised. Newell really captured the darkness of the book as well as the loneliness Harry experiences during his fourth year at Hogwarts.

OH - I did drink some great wine and eat a ton of mashed potatoes...but I don't think it is necessary to dwell on such gluttony ;)

No comments: