Monday, December 12, 2005

You decide you like each other enough to move on to dinner, you go dancing, you do the white man's overbite...

Saturday night was our firm's "holiday gathering" held at one of the local country clubs. It almost was not to be because the bank was prepared to foreclose on the place, but some members (some very wealthy members) stepped in and paid off the note. So luckily, when Mr. P and I arrived, the doors were not locked. This was a definite plus!

We sat with a great group of attorneys and their spouses at dinner, including my "mentor" who is, in a word, HI-larious. There was an open bar, and much of the group was getting pretty schnockered. I got my scherve on on the dance floor...and I had only consumed a few glasses of wine. The DJ played everything from "Jailhouse Rock" to "Baby Got Back"...and I jitterbugged with one of the senior partners, who Mr. P. dubbed "Daddy Warbucks" because of his sharp tux and bald head! The best part was watching the head of the litigation section - and the person I would consider my boss - dancing to "Celebration" by Kool and the Gang. Fabulous. Completely priceless.

No one put a lampshade on their head or photocopied their ass, but, needless to say, everyone had a really good time!

No comments: