Thursday, February 02, 2006

"Bright light city, gonna set my soul, gonna set my soul on fire..."

So...Vegas?

First things first. Boring stuff. I attended a seminar on civil rights - in Lake Las Vegas. Very chichi. Very pinky up kind of place. The seminar was packed with defense attorneys, judges, law professors, and the random plaintiff's attorney. I got to watch a fellow defense attorney get taser-ed (tased? ??) during a session on the safety and technology of less lethal force. (IT'S TASER TIME!**) Learned a lot and came back with some great materials.

On to the fun stuff...

Vegas was a good time. Ate well (Delmonico is fab - steak and syrah, yum! Garduno's at the Palms - one of the best margaritas ever). Drank very well. (See Garduno's!) Played "Jackpot Party" until my fingers bled. Watched my mentor and partner at the firm get his ass grabbed by some scantily dressed chick at the Voodoo Lounge. At the same place, had a guy ask me what I was doin' in Vegas. I told him I was an attorney in town attending a seminar. He said, "Yeah, me too...I'm an attorney. An attorney of love." You can't make this shit up.

Let's see. What else? Watched said partner/mentor gamble some serious cash at the craps table. Some foreigner took a picture of my freakishly long tongue. (I swear I am Gene Simmons' illegitimate daughter.) I ordered a "Blue Lizard" at a margarita bar near"The Sirens of TI" show - the Hispanic bartender then kindly informed me that he had a "brown lizard" for me. Nice. He further informed me that he had an extra toothbrush and toothpaste at his place that I could use. Also classy.

All in all - an excellent time was had by all. But I am still making up for the lack of sleep! And the sounds of sirens and bells and thumping bass are still ringing in my head.

VIVA LAS VEGAS, baby!


**For Mandolin.

No comments: