Wednesday, February 22, 2006

I am such a nerd.

I just ordered 4 new Broadway posters to frame and hang in my office. I doubt that is what the partnership meant when they told me to hang a picture or two on my walls...yep, it is going to be kickass - I have "Mamma Mia" and "Wicked" already, and will soon have "The Exonerated," "Chicago," "Hairspray," and "Fiddler on the Roof." Hey, "Chicago" and "The Exonerated" are law-related, right?

In other news, I visited a jail yesterday (different from the "prison" I visited a few weeks ago - a whole other story involving maximum security units and shuttle buses full of shackled inmates) that was so completely overcrowded and sad. But as I stood in Cellblock C and got ogled by all of the offenders, I realized that (beyond the ogling, of course - eww.) I absolutely freakin' LOVE my job! I get to dabble in criminal law without actually being a criminal lawyer. I get to actually use the stuff I learned in Falk's Civil Rights class. AND I get to interview cute police officers. Sweet.

No comments: