Monday, May 01, 2006

"Do you hear the people sing...singing the song of angry men..."

So I went to a high school production of "Les Miserables" last weekend. And beyond the fact that it was seriously the LONGEST experience of my life (yeah, the first act was an hour and a half), it was not near as les miserables as I thought it would be. Apparently, this was the watered down high school version, but I didn't see it. Mind you, I haven't seen this show since I was in high school (at the Assembly Hall on the University of Illinois campus - not really the best place to see a show), so I don't have the greatest memory of the show itself; however, it is one of my favorite CDs. So I definitely know the music and I can tell you this - all the songs were there. And all the lines were sung. Therefore, I have to give the students major kudos for pulling off such a tough production.

Originally, I was not thrilled with the prospect of sitting through a two-hour high school musical (certainly if it wasn't the really cute one on the Disney Channel). But, because Mr. P. was playing in the pit, it was either that or sit at home watching reruns of "Sell This House" with Tanya and Roger...and I knew I was going to do that on Sunday....so "Les Miz" it was! And honestly, I was quite impressed.

Dinner out with the hubby and a Broadway show...not a bad way to spend a Saturday night.

No comments: