Tuesday, March 15, 2005

HOWDY, KIDS!!!

I am back from the dead!!!! But because things have been so very boring and sickness-filled, I don't have much to say, so.....

I am going to copy off of Heidi and answer the five questions she stole from E.McPan and Frolics and Detours:

1. Tell me what's in your desk drawers right now.
Depends on which desk. Well, actually it doesn't - b/c my desk at work doesn't have drawers and my desk at home isn't a desk but a dining room table turned into a desk, and dining room tables don't have drawers either. However, to entertain my three readers, I will give you a brief list of what is sitting ON my desk here at work, besides the normal work related things like case files, your basic office implements, and that fun air-in-a-can.
2 pictures of my husband & I - one from our wedding and one at first year Barrister's Ball
A picture of Lucy, my Brittany spaniel
A picture of Bela, my black Lab
A Harry Potter mug full of "your basic office implements"
A card from BFF Amanda with a picture of an alarm clock on the front...well, what used to be an alarm clock.
My bar application - ewwww!
A t-shirt from Western Pyrotechnic Association Winterfest given to me by my boss (okay, for those of you that don't know - I work at a firm that specializes in the fireworks industry...strange, but true)
Used tissues - ewwww times two.
And my coffee mug emblazoned with my law school's logo

2. How many states have you visited or lived in, and which of the others do you most want to visit?
Lived in: Illinois, Indiana
Visited: California, Utah, Oklahoma, Missouri, Illinois, Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio, Kentucky, Tennessee, Florida, Washington DC, West Virginia, Virginia, Alabama
Plus: Hong Kong & Guangzhou, China; Labadee, Haiti; Ocho Rios, Jamaica; Cozumel & Cancun, Mexico; Georgetown, Grand Cayman, Port Lucaya & Nassau, Bahamas.
Want to visit: I most want to visit New York City, Savannah, Georgia, New Orleans, Louisiana & Cape Cod, Massachusetts.

3. What was the last cd you purchased, and what was the last movie you rented/bought a ticket to?
Last CD purchases: Ray Charles - genius loves company
Last movie rented: "Friday Night Lights" & "p.s."
- LovedFNL...thought it was excellent!
- Did not like p.s. Maybe I didn't get it - which is always possible. However, I love Laura Linney, Topher Grace, Paul Rudd, Gabriel Byrne, and Marcia Gay Harden...HELLO! That is a great cast...and yet, I was unmoved.
I also BORROWED the first season of "Gilmore Girls" from Heidi and am officially in love with this show.........and Luke Danes...but that is a topic for another post.

4. Have you ever sung karaoke? If not, what song would you be willing to sing in front of people?

Yes. But I don't enjoy doing it, because I take it too seriously.

5. What was the best concert you've ever attended, either because of the performance or because it was otherwise memorable?

Hmmm....aside from Buffett WHICH ROCKED....I would have to say either the Eagles Reunion Tour - "Hell Freezes Over," the first Elton John/ Billy Joel tour from 1995, OR my first Barenaked Ladies concert (I believe it was for "Maroon") - they put on THE best live show!!!

That's all I've got, folks....

No comments: