Thursday, February 24, 2005

*sniff, sniff*

Does anyone else think that the previews for this week's episode of TWW should have focused less on Toby and Josh's silly fisticuffs and more on Toby's sadness/anger over the loss of his brother David?? I was so very moved by the scene between Toby and C.J. in Toby's office when he admitted to her that David committed suicide. How he could not go and sit with David's family and look at pictures because he had spent hours sitting with David's body, as per Jewish custom. And how during that time he just grew angrier and angrier that David had just given up on life. I just cried and cried. I am such a sap.

Why wouldn't John Wells focus on THAT during the previews? I mean, I thought the verbal sparring between Toby and Josh was well-acted, and quite intense (the two guys have a lot of history there!), but the actual fighting kind of reminded me of Mark Darcy and Daniel Cleaver in "Bridget Jones's Diary"....

I hate John Wells. I miss Aaron Sorkin. HE would have put that in the previews!

I still heart Toby.

No comments: