Monday, February 28, 2005

If you are on time, you are late.

Okay, folks...I am feeling a bit guilty. I did not attend my family law class this morning. And, trust me, even more than guilty, I am bummed that I missed the shot of Kelly's breast. (Just kiddin', Kel!). And I have already seen the professor and spoken to her about it, so I am not "spilling the beans" on myself or anything. I feel like I had a really good reason for not being there.

I was late.

I know, I know. I wasn't sick, I wasn't in a ditch on I-69 (thank God), I wasn't working on an appellate brief (thank God again). I was late. Yeah, I have a thing. I hate late. I despise those students (and we all know who they are) who walk in 20-25 minutes late with a steaming cup of coffee and bagel. Oh, well, I was late, but I had to get some breakfast, or lunch, or dinner, or brunch, whatever. NO. That is wrong. It is wrong and disrespectful to the professor. Especially when that same student spends the entire first half of class sending out emails, then leaves halfway through the second half of class to answer his/her cellphone....

Okay, damn - that is not where I was wanting to go with this post.

Back to what I was saying. I was 10 minutes late for class. And so I didn't go. I felt so bad for being late that I just didn't go. I went to a study room and worked on some other reading. Later, when I spoke to the professor, she was completely cool - understood where I was coming from, and told me that I could be late every once in awhile, that it was okay. Well, it just isn't. I hate when students are late. It distracts from what is going on in class. I feel bad for the professors when people walk in late - and then say they are unprepared or bumble their way through a case. Come on, people! It is a waste of everyone's time. Just don't come to class.

*stepping down off soapbox*

No comments: